Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Who's the one that loves to play?

(Hi Tiana)


I just love the movie Inside Out. I've watched it 3 times in its entirety, and parts of it several other times between falling asleep on planes.

I cry every time -- every time when Bing Bong realizes that Riley doesn't need him anymore, when Bing Bong sacrifices himself, when Sadness helps Bing Bong feel better unknowingly, when Joy realizes the purpose of Sadness, when all of Riley's islands crumble beneath her, and when they all rebuild and her memories come back as more multi-colored and complex.

I cry when I feel like I'm 11 years old, learning about the world and being forced to change. I want my islands to stay the same forever and for Bing Bong to fly me to the moon on his song-powered rainbow wagon.

But I guess if Disney wanted me to learn a lesson, it's this -- that we can grow more islands without losing the original ones, that more colors are good colors, and that Bing Bong's always got your back.

Who's your friend who likes to play?
Bing Bong, Bing Bong
His rocket makes you yell "Hooray!"
Bing Bong, Bing Bong
Who's the best in every way, and wants to sing this song to say
Bing Bong, Bing Bong!

Also, that it's OK to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment