Friday, February 8, 2013

AT in SG: Just My Asian Luck


Before you visit Singapore, there are a couple things you should know:

Taxis consider being flagged down like an invitation to dinner.

“No thank you!”
“Busy!”
“I am washing my hair!”


Don’t take it personally.  

Everyone’s speaking English, but everyone’s speaking a different language.

“I need this signed immediately.”
“Can.”
“Thank you. Please sign here.”
“No-lah! I cannot sign! 3 days for processing.”
“But you said you can sign.”
“Can.” 

It's home to the world’s worst website.

Have you ever heard of a website that is only open from 8 am to 8 pm, has a 10 page application yet does not let you navigate to a specific page, does not generate automatic error messages, does not process applications in the order they are received, and does not validate credit card information to process payment?  I know.  I am also impressed. 


Singapore hates you.

If you want it, they don’t have it.  If you need it, it doesn’t exist.  And then it will rain. 


It’s OK to feel like a Loopy Nut in Singapore.



No comments:

Post a Comment